Careers with Avova Technologies
Life at Avova Technologies is very rewarding with a work culture that encourages innovation, professional development and a real opportunity to contribute to the company.
Below you’ll find a list of current job openings. If you think you may fit the role, please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com.
July 2018 – Full Time – Athlone, Ireland
The Technician will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining 1st & 2nd level onsite & telephone support to all customers. The ideal candidate must be able to work within a team. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
A full clean driver’s license is required, and applicants must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
Duties / areas of responsibility
- Participating in the day-to-day running of the Workshop
- Ensure all ticketing systems are accurate, and that all customers are kept up to date
- Accurately handling billing & payment systems.
- Looking after all technical aspects of the Service Centre
- Escalating IT issues to the relevant staff where necessary
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects
- Providing desktop and server support to Customer Service Level Agreements (Onsite & Remote)
- Supporting and maintaining MS & Unix Server/Desktops and Hosted Exchange
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing Customer moves including phones
- Patching of network and phones
- Making of Cat 5 e network cables & patch panels were necessary
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Setting up and configuring new core servers
- Installing authorised software to core servers
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
- Fault finding to core servers
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for Apple MAC PCs
- PBX installation & support (VoIP & Hybrid systems)
- Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Management
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required where reasonable
- Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Administration and support of our managed, hosted and cloud services.
- Provide technical sales advise to clients when required.
The job descriptions issued here are a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the company.
NB: We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies in relation to the above positions. Any unsolicited applications will not be considered.