Careers with Avova Technologies
Life at Avova Technologies is very rewarding with a work culture that encourages innovation, professional development and a real opportunity to contribute to the company.
The Technician will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business. The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining onsite & telephone support to all customers. The ideal candidate must be able to work within a team. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
A full clean driver’s license is required, and applicants must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
• Experience in a disperse networked environment is essential, ability to setup, configure and maintain Site to Site communication links using various technologies.
• Experience with a wide range of hardware including servers, routers, firewalls, network switches, personal computers, laptops, and printers are essential.
• Experience with a wide range of operating systems such as Windows Server & Windows 10.
• System administration using Active Directory, amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares.
• Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite & Office 365 environment.
• Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems, and applications.
• Familiarity with IP Telephony an advantage.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in an IT similar role.
• Fault Diagnostics – carry out full troubleshooting of hardware/ software problems using knowledge and tools.
• Microsoft Certified Professional certification in current systems is an advantage.
• Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Other accreditations and/or relevant experience in Information Technology is an advantage.
• Prioritise, manage and responding to Service Desk calls in a timely manner logged on the service desk system; including travel to sites to support users.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner.
• Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility.
• The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
Third Level Education Qualification or equivalent experience.
The job descriptions issued here are a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive, and we would be pleased to discuss. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the company.
NB: We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies in relation to the above positions. Any unsolicited applications will not be considered.